Through deep familiarity with certain chipsets, Soliton has developed competencies in building systems and reference designs leveraging these chips.
Some system-design niches where Soliton has a good track record or high experience are:
- Systems involving medium or high speed data converters and FPGAs (10MSPS to 12.5Gbps) to help acquire signals and stream this data to memory. For interfaces, we have experience with gigE, USB2, USB3 etc. An example is time of flight algorithms on PET or CT Scan
- Systems involving complex Analog Front Ends from Texas Instruments in conjunction with FPGAs or DSPs- some examples are Xray Flat Panel Detection using AFE1256, AFE2256 etc.
- Systems involving video DSPs such as the DaVinci Series from Texas Instruments.
- Smart Camera designs for Computer and Machine Vision Applications involving microcontrollers such as I.MX6.
- Designs based on high speed ADCs and Cypress FX3
- ADC BER Test and similar tests on Xilinx and Altera FPGAs